Stop! Don’t throw away that old toothbrush! Don’t throw away the one the dentist gave you. Even though you use an electric one, there are so many uses you may not even know about! Using a toothbrush has helped me with beauty tips and tricks, to cleaning the laundry room and the whole house. Those little bristles that get around your teeth are so great at getting around lots of other little small spots you need as well!
1. Helping exfoliate your lips by adding lip balm and brush, this will help to remove all the dead skin you have.
2. Calming baby hairs! You may have just teased your hair and are ready for the town, but those baby hairs are popping up!! Spray your tooth brush with some hairspray and help settle them down.
3. Brows! Don’t put the hairspray down just yet! Spray it on the toothbrush again and brush your brows into place. This will secure them and help to not move throughout the day, giving nice full brows.
4. Cuticles, adding a little oil on your cuticles and letting soak in for a minute then brushing helps exfoliate them and remove any dead cuticle.
5. De-lint your hair dryer!! In the back of your dryer where hair is supposed to circulate lint forms and can cause your dryer to die earlier and can even cause fires or shorts. Using a toothbrush to remove lint every so often will help your dryer live a long life!
6. Create Volume! Lifting hair and using your tooth brush right at the base of your scalp will help add texture and volume to your hair.
7. Remove Self Tanner!! In a bowl mix together water, lemon juice and baking soda, making a paste. Dip your toothbrush in and start scrubbing on the tanner you wish to remove. The toothbrush is soft enough on your skin but will be tough enough to remove the spots.
8. De-clump Mascara. After a whole year old mascara tubes can get clumpy. Using your toothbrush to remove clump from your wand will help to remove this! (Another tip is to add eye drops into your tube to help liquify it again)
9. Slick Buns! Ever put your hair in a slick bun but it just wont happen because your hair is flying all over? Spray some hairspray on your hair and use the brush to tame down all your hair and create the perfect slicked bun!
10. Washing Bangs! When I used to have bangs I would always hate how they would get oily before the rest of my hair. To help this I would start off by pulling the rest of my hair back and leave my bangs out. Next I would wet my bangs and put a little shampoo onto the toothbrush. Then scrub your hair at the base and massage onto the rest of the bang. Rinse and blow dry like regular!
I hope these toothbrush tricks helped you in your next beauty crisis! Do you have any other beauty tips using just a toothbrush? Let me know! I always love learning new things!
Xo, Amanda Warren